By default a number of shared SAP are freely accessible. These SAP can be freely used and requires no special subscriptions.
Private SAPs are SAP deidcated to specific customer accounts. Dedicated SAPs comes in all the supported SAP protocol and framework combinations and in any service region(s) according to the customer preference. A private SAP is only visible in the customer account, it enforces strict device access policy and restricts access only to the customer devices or subset of the customer devices depending on the customer service template configurations.
- TCP Usage: Available for Private SAP only
- MQTTSN 1.2: QoS Supported: QoS -1 (additional QoS: 0 or 1 also supported).
- CoAP Service: Based on IETF core-coap-18 specification.
- SimplyTiny service: Is a simple string format designed to convey IoT messages in a wide range of use cases even simply tiny sensors can use it out of the box (no special libraries required).
- SimplyTiny provides support for: Device Authentication, Device bootstrapping, Message Acknowledgement, Periodic Auth token update/refresh, Keep-alive, SAP list retrieval by device (list configurable by the device service template), Device shadow copy update which can be directly viewed on the portal and portal map as well as retrieved via APIs. Device shadow copy includes gps coordinates, signal strength information, power usage information, device timestamp, etc.
- CUSTOM JSON: Provides support for extracting the required key and values from customer specific JSON structure such as AWS IoT shadow JSON structure or any JSON formatted IoT content.
Summary of Device Access Sockets, Protocols and Data Frameworks
- SimplyTiny over raw socket (raw_simplytiny)
- SimplyTiny encoded in CoAP_URI (coap_simplytiny)
- SimplyTiny over CoAP (coap_simplytiny)
- SimplyTiny over MQTT-SN (mqttsn_simplytiny)
- SimplyTiny over Modbus (modbus_simplytiny)
- LwM2M (coap_LwM2M)
- Blob over CoAP (coap_blob)
- Blob over MQTT-SN (mqttsn_blob)
- Blob over Raw Socket (raw)
- Blob over Modbus (modbus_blob)
- CUSTOM JSON framework over any of the above protocols and or framework
- All the above Transported over TCP or UDP and or TLS/ DTLS
Private SAP and Shared SAPs are available in different setups to support broad range of IoT devices and customer use cases.